This is the second half of the interview between pianist-songwriter Allie Farris and former A&M artist and relentless seeker David Wilcox. (Part 1 is in Episode 4.) David’s views on the personal journey of songwriting and the importance of listening to your inner truth are particularly poignant after the sudden death of Amy Winehouse.
I play several fragments and songs of Dave’s through the course of this show, and you can hear them complete and buy your own copies through the following links:
- Glory from Turning Point (1997)
- The Kid from How Did You Find Me Here (1989)
- Turning Point from Turning Point (1997)
- All The Roots Grow Deeper When It’s Dry from Big Horizon (1994)
- Open Hand from Open Hand (2009)
Next episode in two weeks on Monday, August 22. Cheers!