In this episode, we hear the first half of a chat with the 2011 finalists of Kerrville Folk Festival’s University Songwriters competition. Plus, there’s tunes under the Camp Stupid tent from Phil Lancaster, Julie Bonk and Hans York.
Want to hear more of the University Songwriters Finalists?
- Benton Leachman – Texas Tech
- Katrina Cain – University of North Texas
- Lindsay Harris – Texas A& M
Check back in two weeks and you’ll hear part two of the University Songwriters circle, featuring songs from Myles Duelm of Texas State and Pete Okie Weiss of UT.
Here are the websites of this episode’s featured artists:
- Gary Jules – No Poetry from Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets
- Patty Larkin – Solo Flight from Tango
Episode 3 will be available Monday July 11, and will feature part 2 of John’s conversation with the Kerrville Folk Festival University Songwriters finalists. And just to tease, episode 4 will include an interview with a highly famous folk musician! Stay tuned.